Sunday, January 29, 2012

Style Sunday - Bollywood Rocks

   Thrifting for clothes can be a real cultural experience.  Sure the racks tend to be full of eighties and nineties castoffs.  If you are patient, you can find some real oddities hidden among the shoulder pads.  This sari top was in the dress section.  I fell in love with the color.  Even Mama Thrift could see its possibilities (well, she didn't roll her eyes anyway.)  It was only $4...well worth it.
    The jacket is every thrifter's dream find.  I found it in a Goodwill a few years ago.  It is heavy leather and was in the coat section which means it was $8.  I almost passed it by.  When you are only paying $2 and $3 for things, $8 seems steep.  Fortunately, I came to my senses and saw it for what it was...a leather motorcycle jacket for $8!  (Sometimes, my cheap side tries to take control.)
   The boots are Charlotte Russe.  My brother calls them my Amelia Earhart boots.  I see a lot of great footwear at thrift stores....just never in size 10.  This is one of those outfits that can be casual dressy or funky casual.  I love it

Thrift Chick
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love your blog

Anonymous said...

forgot to write my name colleen