Saturday, March 31, 2012

Easter Decor Part 2

Besides the mantle, I have springified a few more corners.  The past few years I have been on a white kick, but this year I wanted more color. (Besides I found a great vintage pink spray paint on clearance at Big Lots which went great with the pink hydrangeas I found at Goodwill.)

 ThriftChick has a thing for owls.  This owl was a Salvation Army find and formerly looked like this.
 
This piece I got last year at a thrift store to use at a baby shower.  It was brown and this time it was ThriftChick who had no vision.  She thought it was ugly.  We did a bird theme and it made a great centerpiece.  ThriftChick had to eat crow (pun intended.)
 These are eggs from my childhood...circa 1960-70's.  We had an Easter egg tree.  I have vivid memories of my mom turning beet red in the face as she blew out eggs for us to decorate.  The various designs represent the trends in Easter egg decorating that spanned those decades.


May your holiday weekend be filled with tradition, love and the joy of a risen Lord.

No comments: