Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Anthropologie Knock-Off- Quick and Easy

A while back I saw these number tiles on Anthroplogie;s website.  I loved the bight red numbers on the colorful tile.
Unfortunately, they are no longer available and even when they were, they were way out of my price range.  Of course the DIY mantra began drumming through my head...."I could make that."   I finally tackled the project and loved how it came out.  I started with subway tile (16 cents a piece) and house numbers ($1.98 a piece) from Lowe's.
 I broke out the Sharpie Markers and started coloring away using Anthro's design as template.
 I sprayed the numbers red and glued them to the tiles.  I love how they turned out.  Since I intend to use them inside, I am done.  If I put them outside, I will give them a coat of poly. 


At the cost of $2.14 a piece, I consider this project a huge success.  Start to the finish the project took less than an hour.  Cheap, easy and quick....now that's the mark of a great project.

P.S.  The numbers 143 is our family code for I love you.

I am linking up at:
320 Sycamore

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this idea! Great for spring and would be perfect for a Mother's Day gift!
xoxo
Jennifer @www.BlissfullyEverAfter.net

Anna Marie said...

This is so neat! You did an awesome job free-handing those "doodles". Very unique and fun!

Jake and Terri said...

Great idea. They turned out really well. I like that your numbers are wider!

Melissa said...

I can't believe you did that with sharpies! you are one talented woman. So bright and cheery!

shabbygals said...

Love, love....these!! Super cute!!
Stopping over from shabbygals.blogspot.com. Stop by for a visit when you get a chance!

beckyj @ A Lazy Crazy Life said...

These are great!! If I had any talent with a sharpie whatsoever, I might give it a try. Also, my hubby and I use 143 all the time (and have since way back when we had pagers, lol that makes me sound really old!)

Decor To Adore said...

Completely adorable! Well done.

momstheword said...

These are adorable, I love them! I hope you don't mind but I went ahead and pinned them. I'm hoping to do this with the letters on our house.

dream quilt create said...

Your tiles couldn't be more beautiful! Thanks so much for the idea :)

Bonita said...

So clever and cute!