Sunday, October 5, 2014

A Little Bit of Fall

We love all things fall....beautiful colors, crisp air, celebration after celebration, caramel apples, candy corn, apple pie....I could go on and on.

A few weeks ago I decided that despite our heat wave of mid seventies weather, I needed to give autumn its proper due and haul out my fall stuff.  I think I put if off because my cupboards are bursting at the seams with all my thrifting junk!  An organizing frenzy is long over due!  After several hours of digging through boxes, arranging and rearranging, our house is now "fallified.
 The main seasonal decorating I do is on our mantle.  Stay tuned for a tutorial for the grateful picture.




 I have always loved those bloggers who post Christmas pictures of the rusted toy truck with bottle brush Christmas tree in the back.  I have been on the lookout for such a vintage truck.  Holy cow, are they expensive!  My cheap little heart just can't drop that kind of money.  I found this beat up metal tractor this past summer at a flea market for $15.  Thrift Chick says it is better with our farmhouse.

 I have a thing for minnow buckets, kitschy creamers and candy corn...obsession is a word that comes to mind.


There are a few other spots I am still tweaking.  They may make an appearance later on (or realistically I may not touch them for the rest of the season and just ignore my dissatisfaction.  That is truth of how lazy I am.)

Patty









No comments: